Original photo: Hill House by Mihaly Slocombe
Original photo: Basser House by Mihaly Slocombe
What is it?
An interesting photography manipulation technique for Photoshop learned via The Artist Makena and Digital Darkroom Techniques:
- Start with any photo
- Filter > Pixelate > Mezzotint > Medium lines
- Filter > Blur > Radial blur (slider = 100, blur method = zoom, quality = best)
- Repeat step 3 up to 5 times, as desired
- Duplicate layer
- Remain on original layer. Filter > Distort > Twirl (angle value = +80 or as desired)
- Select new layer. Filter > Distort > Twirl (angle value = -80 or opposite of step 6 angle value)
- Alter new layer’s blending mode to lighten
- Merge layers
Love ’em! It’s nice to see the originals with them too.
I also love seeing the little changes we make to the directions. 😉
thanks for sharing such a cool edit.
This is very neat! Thanks for the directions!